Pinning on new flanges

Ryan Sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:27:21 -0700 (PDT)

Agreed... but we are talking about a significant lingering from a
friction difference reflected by 5-7 vs 8-10 swings.  I question the
degree of significance that lingering period has, and questioned
whether
there was some data to back up the claim that this difference can
account for the change in partial behavior you claimed... yes ??

The data is what our senses tell us: We can hear that the tone is more brilliant and therefore must have more energy in the high partials; we can also easily feel the difference.

Obiously when we are voicing hammers, part of what we are doing is adjusting hammer to string contact time, correct?

If Roger Jolly evens out his voicing by evening out hammer pinning doesn't this prove that the tightess of the bushing also has an effect on the hammer to string contact time?

Ryan Sowers, RPT  Puget Sound Chapter
Pianova Piano Service
Olympia, WA