Teflon bushings: (was Re: Pinning on new flanges}

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:12:35 -0700

David,

At 02:01 PM 8/25/2004, you wrote:
>Horace,
>
>So you really think they reamed both sides of the teflon bushings in the
>factory?

I know that they did.

>   I can see the under pressure factory worker doing whatever would get it
> out the door....

There were too many problems when they tried to pin more loosely, so the
"standard" was quietly made to be whatever worked that did not make noise.

>  Uneven reaming is why teflon clicked...isn't it?

Not necessarily; and, sadly, most often because of poor after-market service.

Sorry, David, anything else is urban legend.

Horace