Pinning on new flanges

Ryan Sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:17:09 -0700 (PDT)

Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no> wrote:
No, I dont see that. One can achieve the same rebound time with varing
conditions of contact.  You could be hitting just one string...
wobbling
over all 3, or nailing all 3 jack on the spot and still be out  in the
exact same time span.  If you want to show that bushing tightness alone
can affect contact time... then you have to measure that.  Jumping at
what may seem to you a reasonable conclusion is just plain not
dependable enough.

For the sake of argument I think we need to assume good hammer to string mating, string leveling and traveling. From the very beginning of this discussion I have assumed these things as a prerequisite.

Ryan Sowers, RPT  Puget Sound Chapter
Pianova Piano Service
Olympia, WA