Ultimate Damp-chaser

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:15:23 -0500

In all of my sales pitches for this system, I don't think that question has
ever come up. I use the brochure DampChaser supplies (these are really cheap
and highly effective. Everyone should order 100 of these). I show them the
components, what they look like installed, the picture showing the water
bucket filling it. And I focus my pitch on my 20 years of experience:  how
well these systems work

It is not possible to affect the moisture only on one part of the
soundboard. If you dry one area, moisture will migrate from all over the
board until it stabilizes. That is the nature of wood: it wicks water.

That aside, I would focus the sales presentation on the fact that the system
works, that is why he should buy it, not because he understands how it
works. I tell potential customers that my experience in the field proves
over and over that the system works incredibly well and is very reliable.
They don't have to understand how it works, only that it does, and they can
trust your years of experience and the collective experience of technicians
you are associated with, which amounts to thousands of units in the field.

Incidentally, of the scores that I've installed and serviced in the last 20+
years, I had my first bad humidistat yesterday on a system that is over
eight years old. I think that is pretty remarkable testimony on the
reliability of these systems.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272