pinning on new parts, or....?

David's Email ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:07:32 -0700

Joe,

That is true!   I would hope that technicians would be reaming both =
sides of the flange. =20

David Ilvedson
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 6:32 PM
  Subject: Re: pinning on new parts, or....?

  David I. said: "If you have a hammer swinging 4 to 7 times and it has =
side play you have =3D
  a birdseye problem...not the bushing."

  Again<G>, not necessarily. I can pin a hammer flange so that one side =
is loose and one side is tight.....it will swing 4-7 times but when =
mounted and tested for side play...Oops!
  regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I