Pinning on new flanges

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:27:36 +0100

Hi Don

Grin... well I have to go along with you far enough to acknowledge that
what you say is entirely possible. I have no way of confirming or not,
or seeing through whatever motivations they have or dont... and the
world of marketing competition is full of the most bizare consequences
of face saving endeavours.... Nor have I tested any of this myself.

A fellow like me is left listening to guys like you on the one hand, and
guys like I met in Hamamatsu on the other with nobody ever producing any
real documented studies to exam.  We are asked to pick sides as it
were... without more then somebodies word on the matter.  I know my own
refusal to do more then report the differing sides of various subjects I
hear as I hear them gets me into trouble with more then a few who have
built up an opinion... but then... when I do take a stand on something
or another I get into trouble there too... hehe... yas cant wins for
loosing.

But in this... I just have to register what you and others say... and
wait until I get a bit personally closer to some factual data before
taking a stand.  We dont get Kawai instruments here in Bergen.. or very
few. So my experience with them is limited.

Cheers
RicB