friction.... another attempt

antares antares@euronet.nl
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:37:38 +0200

On 26-aug-04, at 22:19, Ryan Sowers wrote:

> =A0
>
> "So he bought the beautiful instrument with a lot of friction, and not
> the 'easy' and brilliant one which had almost no friction left at =
all."

> He bought the piano with more friction because he liked mellower tone.=20=

> If you had taken a little extra time and voiced the piano with less=20
> friction I bet he would have chose that one.
>
>  That's what I like: low friction, with nice warm tone at medium=20
> velocity.
>
>  Its all about the right combination of touch and tone: Easy to play=20=

> AND easy to control.
>

> Ryan Sowers, RPT Puget Sound Chapter
> Pianova Piano Service
> Olympia, WA

Whatever....
I  base my ramblings on what I have learned so far.
I know actually of just a very few pianists who were / are able to=20
really control an extremely light piano.
Horowitz was one of 'm....... and quite unique too.

friendly greetings,
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...