lubricants

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:33:55 -0700

mclube liquid dries hard and leaves just about the most slippery coating
I've ever found. when I want to spray it, I pour a bit into a small spray
bottle and pour back unused portion when finished. i like it better that the
big aerosol can, which contains less product because of the accelerant.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "David's Email" <ilvey@sbcglobal.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: lubricants
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:13:18 -0700

List,

I have been thinking about spray lubes such as TFL-50 and Prolube.  Lately
I've been cleaning keypins with Flitz (thanks Newton), 10 newer Yamahas, and
I've been spraying with the above lubes.  I'm finding the Prolube to leave a
much slippery surface.  It is a pump bottle, so no accelerants...the TFL-50
has to be very lightly sprayed on but doesn't feel as slippery.  Anyone have
thoughts on this slippery slope?

David Ilvedson