Lubrication as a wear preventative.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:34:22 -0700 (PDT)

List,
     This general discussion on friction and factory
set-up of weighting leads me to wonder what
manufacturers pre-lubricate their centers ( beyond the
natural lanolin ) so that weight and leverage are the
prime aspects contributing to the "touch", and to
inhibit future wear.
     I would also like to get opinions on favored
center pin lubricants.
     Thump