Steinway for sale

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:49:46 EDT

Dave writes:
<< The best, best way to buy a

> Steinway or M&H is to find a reputable piano restorer through a personal

> referral, buy the shell, and let him/her do their thing.  You1ll spend
between

> $8K and $15K for the shell, and between $25-30K for the rebuild.  >>

Wow, that is a lot for a "shell".
   I recently was asked to help sell a Steinway L.  It needs a new soundboard
and action.  The case is already refinished and it is a decent job, at that.
It has a PianoDisc installed, but I don't know what the model number of that
radio is.
  She expects to get $12K for it and I cannot, at this particular time, buy
it myself, but if any of you guys out there can go for it, lemme know.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT