Pinning on new flanges

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:11:59 +0100

David's Email wrote:

>     I used to do swing test but I found the results to be very
>     inconsistent.  When you factor in the different weights of hammers
>     from top to bottom, what does the number of swings with some
>     arbitrarily picked hammer tell you?

It gives you direct information as to the firmness of the bushings
relative to the weight they must support.  And it tells you that the
friction for that weight is such that it provides a resistance that
yeilds a consistant acceleratation.  Which is why I prefer that over
Steinways  even friction priority method.

Cheers
RicB