OT design team forming (was bolduc upright pinblock removing jig)

michael campi campimichael@hotmail.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:10:51 +0000

Hi Guys,
Since there appeared to be some interest in my idea for an upright pinblock
removing jig that that takes minutes not hours I will open it up to ideas
and discussion of ways to make it work. The plan as it stands is to use
what's called a Praxi Beam Cutter (a 12 inch chainsaw) that attaches to a
worm drive circular saw. Then to somehow mount, either to the piano or
independently, two parallel tracks like panel saw tracks. These would have
to be adjustable for depth and also be able to mount at an angle for blocks
that are deeper at one end. And for Terry, I had thought about a
modification that would allow for cutting off the sides too. So there it is
all ideas and suggestions will be considered and full credit given in every
case and anyone who wants to can sell this thing I just want to be able to
get the darn blocks out. By the way that Bolduc jig is still for sale.
Looking forward to the ideas.
all the best
Michael