do-it-yourselfers

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 05:35:46 -0500

Gotta love 'em!

-Frantic call on my machine yesterday afternoon...
-Daughter in piano competition this weekend...
-Wobbly hammer in alleged console made by Samick...
-Tube of super glue handy...
-Still wobbly, and worked even less well...
-"PLEASE COME AND HELP SAVE MY MARRIAGE!!!"

When I called back, I asked if I should charge my marriage counselor or
piano technician rates.  She said that I might have to "piggy-back" them.

Problem - center pin had slipped out from under the buttplate
Their solution - glue top of jack to hammerbutt.

Result #1 - a nice contribution to my vacation fund... ;-}
Result #2 - something to rib momma about for the rest of her life.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder