"Windows.... is a warzone" - OT

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:28:45 -0700

The Heckler said: "These days, every Windows computer is a war zone of =
viruses, Trojans,=20
spyware, and other malicious code trying to exploit security holes in=20
Internet Explorer."
Heckler,
A few months ago, I would have agreed with you, but I've since solved =
the problem! I rebooted my 'puter, added Mozilla Firfox and Benign, =
(thanks to RicB!). And, I upgraded my Express. Benign "washes" all of my =
stuff, sometimes too efficiently, I might add. Still haven't figured out =
how to get some attachments through. (working on it!) I really like =
Firefox. It saves steps and has it's own firewall. I'm not about to give =
up on MS, just yet. Just because Bill Gates has extreme amounts of =
money, y'all tend to give him a bad rap. I've met the man. You'd like =
him. He gives back tons of dollars to the arts and humanity. Yes, he's =
successful, but that's no reason to malign him every chance you get. =
(Jealous are we?)<G>=20
When I first wanted to get into computers, the only game in, (our), town =
was Apple. The attitude that the Apple people had, reallllly turned me =
off! Then Bill came up with something that was workable. Rather than =
malign MS, every chance you get, how about taking some positive steps to =
put the little Bastards that send viri, etc., in jail for a verrrrry =
long time. Talk to people in power and get them to go after them with =
the same tenacity, that they go after pot smokers, etc. (Misplaced =
priorities, IMO.)
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police