Looking for Steinway plate

ANRPiano@aol.com ANRPiano@aol.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:19:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/2004 9:20:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
Erwinspiano@aol.com writes:

Does  anyone have a spare Steinway concert grand  circa1890 plate only?
Everything else is fine, this plate is cracked and badly repaired on the top
treble pressure bar.  This is the plate model with the little bumps all  over it.

Years ago I was called into appraise a S&S B which had been
resomethingorothered and the harp had broken in a number of places.   Through the coarse of
the conversations I found out that Steinway was  offering to rebuild the piano
for them and install a new harp.  While this  piano wasn't as old as yours it
may be worth a try.

Andrew Remillard