Pinning on new flanges:a proposed experiment -- now OTOTOTOT

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:01:39 +0100

Sarah Fox wrote:

>Hi Ric,
>
>Yes, we are absolutely still friends!!  ;-)  But I will still be direct with
>my words...

Sarah... nice post... and I appreciate the sentiments expressed.  You
mustnt misunderstand me to think I have no respect for the various
exacting and less then exacting disciplins.... But I neither feel it is
wize to offer them more respect then they are due.  On the contrary...
its probably better all the way around to deny them more then they
deserve then offer them too much.  Many, if not most, of the scientific
blunders through time have their roots in ... shall we say
overconfidence... and / or overestimation of the scope of actual
knowledge at any given time.

But just so... we've had a few rounds and find ourselves not able to
agree on the point at hand... and hey... !!  who says we need too ?? We
just need to stay happy.  Can I buy you a beer now ??

Cheers
RicB