impact technique(s)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:44:55 -0800 (PST)

The one I have I bought a few years ago. Shiny silver
thing ( all metal ) with a big weight screwed on the
tail of the handle. I found that the weight created
too much inertial mass for most of the pianos I tune (
with loose to moderatley tight pins ) so I just took
it off.
    What is left gives nifty little "baps" to the
tuning pins when swung rapidly by a quick motion of
the wrist, which seem to hold nicely
( little internal torsion  ). According to my SAT it
is possible to get the strings "right on" with a
little practise.
     Thump