Pitch Raising Techniques

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:43:59 +0100

hi all,

When you do a pitch raising, do you tune the bass section just after =
you've tuned the middle section?

I was told it was better to tune the middle, then the bass, to control =
the medium again, to tune the treble, and to check the treble once we =
get to C8.

Somebody told me that raising the bass after the treble was considerably =
bad for the treble area when pitch raising, because the bass strings =
applied on the bridge would make the soundboard "stress", and so detune =
the treble area.

Have you ever heard of this?

Quentin