Pitch Raising Techniques

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:25:55 -0800

With a moderate pitch raise, I find that it doesn't really matter.  I
often tune the tenor section through the treble first and then go from
the tenor/bass break down.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Quentin Codevelle
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 9:44 AM
To: pianotech
Subject: Pitch Raising Techniques

hi all,

When you do a pitch raising, do you tune the bass section just after
you've tuned the middle section?

I was told it was better to tune the middle, then the bass, to control
the medium again, to tune the treble, and to check the treble once we
get to C8.

Somebody told me that raising the bass after the treble was considerably
bad for the treble area when pitch raising, because the bass strings
applied on the bridge would make the soundboard "stress", and so detune
the treble area.

Have you ever heard of this?

Quentin