Nose Bolts

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 06:32:36 -0500

I should think the slots were there for a reason. I'd rather use them. I =
don't think I would want to try pliers. I don't think they would work =
anyway - these nuts are domed - nothing to grab onto. And please do not =
insinuate that there would be ANY Aeolian products/parts on this =
magnificent 1890s Knabe! Shheeeesh!

But thanks for the thoughts!  ;-)

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Isaac Sadigursky=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 1:18 AM
  Subject: RE: Nose Bolts

  Hi,Terry! Those slotted nose bolts are aeolian product and they were =
available from APSCO.I do have a few of them in my shop,If you =
desparately need them,give me a call.Did you try vise-grips large size =
and a rag in between to protect the bolt from scratches? Brookstone has =
ideal tool for nose bolts,large pliers with replcable nylon =
jaws,rebuilders should love them. Let me know,I can dig-out my =
brookstone catalog and give you the catalog number for that tool. Good =
luck! Isaac

    ----- Original Message -----=20