balance rail holes

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:08:18 EST

David,

This subject ended up as a Q and A in the PTJ sometime in 2003, I believe.

I haven't done wood inserts, or tried steam yet, but I've had good luck
sizing with Tite Bond and a dummy pin.  If it isn't a perfect fit, it can be
drilled to size.  It's pretty easy, and seems to be a durable fix.

Dave Stahl