Pitch Raising Techniques

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:47:50 EST

Greetings,

            I was told to tune the temperament area first then tune the worst
(most below pitch) section next, this could be bass or treble, then go back
and check the temperament again and go on to the remaining section that
hasntn't been tuned yet and do that. All this would be for the first rough tune. Then
fine tune the temperament and go through and do a regular tuning.

              However, I usually tune the temperament first, then rough tune
about the first 2 ocatves above it (unless its more than 50-60 cents flat...in
that case I rough tune all the way to the top) then in either case, I do the
bass, check the temperament and fine tune through the first 2 octaves again
continuing through to the top, then recheck the bass.

Julia
Reading, PA