Jumpy pins in new Kawai

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:23:41 EST

Paul,

The UST8s are US made, at least for the time being.  I believe they will be
"outsourced" to an Asian country shortly.

The quality control does not appear as tight as in the Japanese pianos.  I
have seen far more instances of tight and/or jumpy pins in the US models, but
it's usually only one or two pins out of a couple hundred.  Some of the Chinese
pianos I've seen are impossible to tune because half the pins are tight and
jumpy.

As far as the K. Kawai vs. Kawai, can't help you there.

Dave Stahl