Plastic action parts

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:49:10

Hi Elwood,

If we follow your advice then we had better give up on CA glue, and telfon
powder just for example. I'll not be tuning much in 30 years--that pine box
tends to make reaching the tuning pins difficult.

ABS plastic has been around for a very long time now, and with the currect
technique of reinforcing it with carbon fiber it does out perform wood in
many applications. (think of tennis rackets). There is no need to wait 30
years.