Plastic action parts

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:51:11 -0500

Subject: Re: Plastic action parts

> Phil, thank you for your response.  I would like to feel the way you do
> about the modern plastics, but manufacturers probably said that when they
> first began to use plastics.  Let's give current composites another 30 to
40
> years and see how long they last.  We DO know how long wood flanges last.
> Joy!
> Elwood
>
> Elwood,
    With all respect, I share your point about the " test of time" but it's
my understanting these new materials can be exposed to testing procedures
replicating the aging process .Also analogies to 1948 plastic piano parts is
unfair.
    After all, in 1948 doctors told people to smoke cigarettes for
relaxation.
    We'd all be driving horse and buggy's without somebody  like Kawai and
others  "Thinking outside the box"
    Best wishes my compatriot,
    Tom Driscoll,

    P.S. Besides in 40 years I'll be dead!