The proof is where? sort of OT

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:18:22 -0600

List,

Several have recently written:

>      The proof is in the pudding .......

Well, not exactly.  What Cervantes wrote, in Don Quixote, is "the proof of
the pudding is in the eating".  You see, it makes more sense this way.  Not
how does it look, or have we always made puddings this way, but do the
diners enjoy the flavor, aroma, and texture?  Looked at in this manner, it
can apply to some of our technical problems.  Is the proof in the
regulation?  Emphatically not.  The proof of the regulation is in the
playing!  Not, did I follow all 37 steps as written, but does the customer
like the touch, the tone, the repetition?

Peace through more accurate and meaningful communication

Mike