The proof is where? sort of OT

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:04:28 +0100

Michael Spalding wrote:

>..... Is the proof in the
>regulation?  Emphatically not.  The proof of the regulation is in the
>playing!  Not, did I follow all 37 steps as written, but does the customer
>like the touch, the tone, the repetition?

Correcto.  The two need not be in conflict with each other, rather they
should compliment one another. But in the end its the playability as
deemed by the pianist that is the final determinant. Relating to that
intuitive side of things is the alpha and omega of providing what the
pianist wants.

>Peace through more accurate and meaningful communication
>
>Mike

Cheers
RicB