signing your name to posts comments (private)

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:41:40 -0800

A lot of hard feelings could be saved by simply stating "in my=
 opinion".   It's the "I've been at this so long I know=
 everything" attitude that turns people off.
That being said is this OT?

David I.

From: Keith McGavern <kam544@gbronline.com>
To: Joe Garrett <joegarrett@earthlink.net>, pianotech=
 <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: signing your name to posts comments (private)

At 4:37 PM -0800 12/19/04, Joe Garrett wrote:
Keith,
Perhaps you are right. The only thing I can say, in my defense,=
 is that I was raised in a very profane environment.

You can't have experienced anymore profanity than I, or have=
 spoken it anymore than I, as I have in my past, so let that go.

This is something I have tried to temper my whole life. I will=
 try to do better in the future.

This is hopeful.

As for the bullying tactics, please be specific.

Joe, I am not going to search the archives to pull out posts=
 where you have easily crossed the line on so many occasions. If=
 you had been saving your own posts and reading them after the=
 fact, you would discover what is self evident. Do your own=
 search just by entering your name. I guarantee you, if you are=
 really interested in trying to do better in the future, and keep=
 an open heart, it won't take long for you to know why I'm taking=
 the time on this matter.

If I have put myself in a bad light with others, I certainly=
 would like to make it right, if possible. This current thingee,=
 was misinterpreted by most. I did not mean to be a bully. Only=
 to point out protocol and courtesy.

The problem with your intense reasons to point out so called=
 protocol and courtesy violations is that it's only aimed in=
 specific directions. If that were truly your objection, why=
 don't you go after all the others like Ron Nossaman who never=
 signs his complete name, or Avery, who likewise doesn't comply=
 to your demands for courtesy.

Let's face it, whether you know it or not, you're discriminating=
 on some level who to go after and who to leave alone. And that's=
 something you are going to have to figure for yourself why=
 you're doing that, and figure out the measures that you will=
 have to take to wean yourself out of allowing such behavior to=
 reside in your being.

I apologize, if I was out of line.

I'm believing in you, Joe, to start waking to these self evident=
 truths, that you are, and can be, so much more for your own=
 self, and for others as well, if you'll let the Holy Spirit=
 speak to you on these matters.

It's a glorious place when one leaves behind the old ways, and=
 allows new things to be created in them.

Take care, Joe.

Keith