Piano Finder Fee

Andrew Olson andrew@birchcreek.org
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:10:31 -0600

Merry Christmas All!

I am a technician "in training" up here in Door County, Wisconsin.  It is a
white and COLD Christmas.  I'm in an apprenticeship with Peter Nehlsen, RPT
of Washington Island.  I have many stories and experiences from my many
trips to the Island to learn in his shop.

I am learning so much in my apprenticeship and it is so valuable to be a
part of this listserv.  Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and
experience on so many different topics.  Hopefully I'll be able to add
something from my experience in the future.  Until then, I appreciate all of
you!  Thank you!

On a side note-- David, "Spif" is a common term used in the sales world.
When I used to be a mortgage broker, we would often get a "spif" from
realtors for referring business.  Or we might get a "spif" from the company
for exemplary performance.  At our business, it was an acronym for "Special
Performance Incentive Fund (or Fee)."  I don't know how this would fit in
with the referral of the sale of a piano...but it's interesting to note
parallels from the different sales worlds.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you ALL!

Sincerely,

Andrew Olson
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin

Birch Creek Music Performance Center, Egg Harbor, Wisconsin