"Bird cage" piano

antares antares@euronet.nl
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:10:42 +0100

On 29-dec-04, at 18:36, Alpha88x@aol.com wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>  =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 The other day I tuned a piano that has =
all the damper wires=20
> in the front of the action....very gently!=A0 The people wanted to =
know=20
> if the piano could be refurbished, however, the action wood is not all=20=

> decrepid and dark and dried out! (as one think it would/should be=20
> after all those years)
>
>  =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 My question is: Was there a company =
that made replacement=20
> actions for these pianos, perhaps in the 1950's, 1960's? The reason I=20=

> ask is that the action's wooden parts look no older than=20
> that....and...are these pianos difficult to rework (new cloth/felts=20
> regulation and such)? (I really think this piano is not worth it)
>
>  rookie,
>  Julia Gottchall,
>  Reading, PA

Just happily make your money and don't bother about any bird cage...
first try to get enough customers with 'normal' piano's then sift and=20
keep the nicest ones.
The nicest ones usually become your friends.
If your friends have a bird cage, happily tune it with friendly love....

(; >))

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek