Sat11

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 18:00:25 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kevin E. Ramsey=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 5:34 PM
  Subject: Re: Sat11

  Carl,,, this is kind of off topic, (my reply, not your post, that =
is..) =20

      Practically speaking, yes, sometimes the SAT isn't picking up what =
it needs where it sits, and you have to adjust it's position. It's the =
same for all the Accu-tuners, by the way. =20
      Your post reminds me of radio, or electromagnetic radiation. The =
higher frequencies, like micro-waves for instance, don't bend around =
corners, even around the curve of the Earth. The lower frequencies go =
every which way.  The rules of wave propagation are pretty much the same =
whether it's light or sound, I believe..

  Kevin.

    Another factor could be (i'm just speculating) a bounce off the rim =
at a particular angle that would cancel with another one and if they =
were out of phase shifting the position would then solve the problem.

    Carl Meyer

    ----- Original Message -----=20