hopping John

R Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:40:34 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Avery Todd" <avery@ev1.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: young chang corp. (OT)

> Oh, yes. Black-eyed peas, cornbread and cabbage. Several bowls
> of it, acutally! :-)
>
> Avery
>

> >PS   Did you have your New Year's black-eyed peas?

I am geezing in angst here.... I thought "several bowls" was  "several
bowels" at first glance.... :)  but that would be for pinto beans.  I don't
think so with black-eyed peas.    Isn't it called "hopping
john"---black-eyed peas in canned tomatoes with corn  and or homney  ??
A friend of the flamily from Maryland cooked it up for us during several New
Years ago.....    ---ric  (the r stands for the r in southern boy,  born in
Staunton Va. Jan 4, 1947)
 ps   Its boiled cabbage actually...... : (   , with a sauce I don't care to
get the recipe that my mother used.    and don't forget the lima beans.