Gregg...titanium dioxide?

Robin Stevens mmrr6596@bigpond.net.au
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 07:08:56 +1030 (Cen. Australia Daylight Time)

 Most paint shops in my part of the world mix these dyes into the paint a=
s a
liquid additive. Did you get a jar of powder, or liquid?=0D
I know there is a powder whitening medium available at french polishing
supply stores.=0D
=0D
regards.  =0D
 =0D
 Robin Stevens=0D
Convener "INTUNE SA 2004"=0D
22-25 July 2004 Mercure Grosvenor Adelaide SA=0D
08 8633 0533 mmrr6596@bigpond.net.au=0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Pianotech=0D
Date: 5/01/2004 2:12:59 AM=0D
To: pianotech@ptg.org=0D
Subject: Re: Ivory keytops=0D
 =0D
Paint stores use titanium dioxide as a whitener for their paints.  I aske=
this same question on this list a couple of years ago, and promptly went =
in
to my local Kelly-Moore and asked for some, expecting to buy a small amou=
nt
for a large amount of money.  Au contraire, the employee who helped me GA=
VE
me a small jarful.  I guess it's pretty cheap and easy to come by.   And =
it
works! =0D
=0D
In a message dated 1/2/04 9:52:28 PM Pacific Standard Time, cdgregg@telus
net writes: =0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
White Gesso or acrylic titanium white pigment from your local art supply =
=0D
mixed with high tack fish glue from Lee Valley Tools will do a nice job o=
f =0D
gluing on your ivories, if you are not using ivory wafers. =0D
=0D
Chris Gregg =0D
=0D
At 08:48 PM 1/2/2004, you wrote: =0D