OT, 3rd grade grammar & spelling for adults

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:31:01 EST

In a message dated 07/01/04 4:19:02 PM, antares@euronet.nl writes:

<< bat, yu massent forket det vor oudsyders  a kood lessun in Inkelish

evvery nouw en den meens a lot.

I wos dervor zenkful and ekspressed my tenks in an urly letter dis

morning.

Capisce?

Yes, Master Andre, capisce. He had a point and I am sure that its helpful for
those of us who happen too be grammattically challenged. It was really the
comment re: wippens that set me off and I didn't want to pollute the list with
piano related stuff........
 Journal article indeed!!...as if that was engraved on a rock somewhere just
because some tech wrote an article whose *opinion* was 'wippen' rather then
'whippen'. The "Official"
(as official as anything gets in PTG) nomenclature book that Merle and Newton
and Etc. put together declares that either spelling is correct with wippen
being the most common......don madder though cause it gots fo odder names for
them there thingees. :-)
little jimmy bryant, trp