Buffing Keytops

William R. Monroe A440WRMPiano@tm.net
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 07:38:29 -0600

Yeah,

Using a buffing wheel set-up.  Sorry I forgot to mention.  Thanks to all =
for responding.  Helpful.  Do I presume that tripoli, red rouge, and or =
jewelers compound (or white for that matter) are all acceptable on =
ivories as well?

Thanks,
William R. Monroe
Assoc.
Madison, WI
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MKurta=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 7:17 AM
  Subject: Re: Buffing Keytops

  I assume you're talking powered buffing wheels rather than by hand?  I =
mounted three large buffing wheels side-by-side on an electric motor =
that turns at 1750 rpm.  Then I use the large white stick type buffing =
compound that Pianotek sells on only the left-most wheel.  That leaves =
the other two clean for polishing.  Good results-if needed to removes =
scratches and imper-
  fections, hold the keytop on the left side of the setup for as long as =
needed, then polish on the right side.  Talk to Mark at Pianotek, nice =
folks to deal with and very helpful with advice. =20
      Mike Kurta, RPT