alcohol application for sticking hammers

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:59:06 -0500

I've given some really stuck actions a couple/few treatments to good =
effect. I make sure to let the action centers dry overnight without heat =
(as in no hair dryers, etc.) before evaluating the effectiveness of the =
treatment.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alpha88x@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 11:18 AM
  Subject: alcohol application for sticking hammers

  greetings,

                 I have a Chickering shortened action which had =
tremendously sluggish hammers. I gave it one treatment of 70% alcohol =
and 30% H2O with a hypo syringe. It helped. I repeated the treatment the =
second time and yeilded an even better result. The question is if one is =
good and two is better, should I give it a 3rd pass? OR can a third =
treatment be too much or harmful?

  Thanks,
  Julia Gottchall,
  Reading PA