Zero percent humidity

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:26:19

Hi Chris,

30% Hmmm you must have better homes than I visit. Out of 1498 measurements,
I have 95 readings of less than 20%, the lowest of which was 4% and 118
readings higher than 60%, the highest of which is 84% (summer time and the
living is easy?)

I also have an additional 312 readings of below 30% but higher than 20%,
making a subtotal of 407 pianos that are in very high risk environments
from low humidity. If we add in the 118 that are too high, the total become
515, that could benefit from humidity control systems.

I have not factored in the date on which the measurements were taken but if
I did I'm sure it would show the low humidity during our winter.

At 09:17 AM 1/7/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Most homes with working humidification systems  are
>around thirty percent.  Much above that and the windows will  get
>condensation on them when the weather is cold.
>Chris

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/