tuning fork

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 00:11:43 +0100

Jeee.....

In orchestras actually most musicians carry those Seiko or whatever
brand tuners, the harpist are tuning almost without listening to their
instrument with a little contact mike, and that during everybody
warming.

While at the same time the "concert" tuner that have been just
realizing that this particular piano have to be bring to pitch 442
while it is more or less 440- is pounding as hell on that poor
Steinway, earplugs in hear, VT100 on plate, expecting the guys that
are mounting the stands for the 40 chorister to stop their hammering
soon enough for the conductor assistant suddenly ask for " SILENCE " !

No need special regime to loose weight then, only the usual 4 to 7
tunings. Sometime I am really so happy to be back to more civil work !

Best regards.

Nowadays all those pain in the ear, I have kept perfect pitch, mean A
440 without a fork at a few cts near more or less, depending of the
day ! Talking about perfect pitch, sound engineers are very good to
recognize the frequencies during the sound check, I just saw one today
that had a really accurate hear, recognizing any frequencies
immediately, pitch in Hertz but not tone name, to correct the response
of the room acoustic. Very impressive...

Isaac OLEG