accutuner as tuning fork

DIANE HOFSTETTER dianepianotuner@msn.com
Fri, 09 Jan 2004 20:55:32 -0800

>But then I don't see why you couldn't. One of my standard analogies when
>I'm explaining what a tuner listens to (You must have perfect pitch!!) is
>humming into a running fan. Nearly everyone who was ever a kid and knows
>what a fan is has done this, and can stop the beat easily.

WOW!  Now I know what's wrong with me--I never was a kid!  I can't wait to
try it.

I find most people can hear a beat easily if it is only brought to their
attention.  Sometimes with the analogy of a pure flute tone vs. a vibrato.
Other times by simply detuning and then retuning a unison while they listen
to the changes.

Most are grateful I took the time to show them.  They feel more in control
of their situations;  before they felt somehow incompacitated in regards to
their pianos, like they couldn't even know whether it was in tune or not.

Diane

High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet