Piano Key Inertial Balance

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:59:00 -0500

At 8:27 PM -0500 1/7/04, Mark Davidson wrote:
>Alrighty then.  Here it is.. spell checked and everything.  I'm sure
>there'll be many questions - don't hesitate to ask (just please read it all
>the way through first). Exact measurements for the most part are not
>critical so not many are included.   Oh yeah, and I used the word "inertia"
>loosely throughout to mean the moment of inertia, so just get over it.

Nifty! So it looks like someone is already to take two different
arrangements of key leading which yield the same BW and read the MOI
for each.

And if this device is ready (as it appears) to read a key from a real
action, then it should be no great leap to add a weight to the
capstan equal to the Top Action Weight and read the MOI for the
entire lever train.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I'll play it and tell you what it is later...."
     ...........Miles Davis