Work Bench-Action Cradles

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 04:23:50 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: pianotuning@instrumentalinks.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 10:06 PM
  Subject: Work Bench-Action Cradles

  Hi,=20
  I am a relatively new tech trying to obtain some items for a work area =
in my home.  Can anyone recommend a good, solid work table?  Would a =
folding table do the trick?  Does anyone have a photo or plans for one =
they might have built?  Thank you all!

      I made one with 4 x 4 legs, 1 x 4 and 2 x 4 braces, and a solid =
core door for the top.  It's solid, big, works great, and cost me =
nothing (I scrounged, was given, or found in alleys all the lumber, =
including the door).   Later on, I added a shelf underneath for tool =
boxes.   A folding table might be all right for light work, but it you =
want to eventually have a big vise, tool rack, power outlets, maybe a =
power tool or two mounted to it, you'll need something heavier.   =
--David Nereson, RPT   =20