Where did the RH Go

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:19:02 -0600

>  My hygrometer, set on the corner of the piano farthest from the
> humidifier, read 34%. When the unit went "off-duty" (where it remained
> during the rest of my time there) the RH promptly descended, finally
> stabilizing at 22%. The temperature held steady during the whole time I
> was there.

If you pour a quart of red dye into a lake, why does the area you have
poured the dye into immediately turn red, but the lake, including the area
the dye was poured into, doesn't after it's disbursed a bit?

This is why I tell folks that they are wasting their time with a free
standing room humidifier in a house where the air is circulating through
the entire house. A house that will absorb and dissipate 10+ gallons of
water a day isn't going to be controllably humidified by a gallon a day
room humidifier standing next to the piano.

Ron N