Where did the RH Go

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:13:03

Hi Sarah,

It isn't steam, but rather water vapor (only 8 watts for the rod) *grin*
and with a bottom cover the DC system will make even your pianos more
stable. And your whole house system does nothing about high summer humidity
levels--leading to compression set and eventual destruction (how long? who
knows but it does finally happen)

And by the way DC units work much better in an upgright if a back cover is
used.

At 11:15 PM 1/11/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>A DC humidifier beneath my soundboard is quite unneccessary.  Besides that,
>I question whether a teensy weensy column of steam can evenly distribute
>over the underside of a grand piano.  (I have no question that it works well
>in an upright.)  In contrast, whole-room/house humidification is fairly
>stable and consistent if done well.
>
>Peace,
>Sarah

Regards,