Dealer Work!

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:27:17 EST

In a message dated 1/11/04 8:46:03 PM, avery@ev1.net writes:

> My question is, have any of you ever had a dealer replace
> your brake pads?? :-)

No, but I had a dealer replace the locks on the tech shop when my supervisor
suddenly quit.   And she didn't bother to tell me so I went in to work and was
surprised to find that I couldn't get in.   I called her to ask her what was
going on, she told me that the shop was closed for an indefinite amount of
time.   I asked her if it would reopen and if I still had a job, and she told me
I didn't have the right to ask that question!   This still boggles my mind.
I worked there for 8 months, showing up on time, doing my best work, and I
don't have the right to ask whether I still have a job?   She never called me
when the shop reopened.   I now work for another rebuilding shop.

Replace my brake pads...Ha!   C-note for Xmas...not likely!

Now, on the other side of the coin, I recently had a playing gig for a local
art museum that wanted mood music during a brunch/presentation for a group of
teachers.   My car got towed while I was picking up a rental keyboard for the
gig, and the museum paid for my towing!

Tom Sivak