Piano stringing scales

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:52:08 EST

In a message dated 1/11/2004 5:35:10 AM Pacific Standard Time, dnu@fx.ro
writes:
Hello!

Is there anybody who could provide complete scaling information (string
lengths and thicknesses) on no matter what piano? Or is there a website with
such info out there?
I couldn't find anything on the net, and would really like to be able to
compare some different piano scales. Only had a single response to my
previous request (thank you very much!), so I'm pretty much stuck.

Calin Tantareanu
      Hi Calin
     I know what you mean about comparing string scales & such but to my
knowledge no has compiled any such data for public consumption.  I have some
scales, Meaning lengths & wire sizes tensions, etc., from my own work & I suspect
Del & others have complied quite a few but except for a benevolence act it
would take someone a good deal of time to post such information. I think it would
be easier if you would request a specific scale & info. & see if members would
contribute. Then you could post the compilations.
   This type of info is an item easily faxed. Also it would be fairly simple
to compile All Stwy models or whatever, however don't forget that the string
lengths even on these pianos vary & may only be within certain parameters. The
info could still be useful. Did you have something specific in mind?
    Dale Erwin