jack in the mortise

daniel carlton danieljcarlton@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:36:23 -0800 (PST)

i have a question regarding centering the jack in the mortise (using a hammer tap on the head of the jack).  do the jacks need to be positioned in the exact center of the mortise or can they get away with being off-center?
another question.  it seems that bending the center pins like this sometimes causes resistance toward the end of the jack's travel.  this concerns me because it seems that it can affect the regulation and feel.  is this just my imagination.  is it any big deal?
any info and advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks

daniel carlton