univ. bass strings

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:22:37 -0500

----- To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: univ. bass strings

I'm replacing two single bass strings in a spinet. I plan to use
Universals
and I'm wondering which of the Schaff partial sets would be the right
choice. Number 2019, pg. 78 looks like a good choice, but then again,
number
2006 strings are the heaviest. I am assuming the #2019, which has more
strings already contains these heaviest strings?

I would appreciate any recommendations. Again this is for a SPINET and
the
strings to be replaced are two single bass, immediately before the first

bi-chords.

Terry Peterson

Terry,
	Ditto on the other replies. Schaff, Sanderson , Mapes ,and I'm
sure many others can duplicate with quick turnarounds.
	  Tom Driscoll RPT