leads in the keys

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:44:21 +0100

Hi,

I agree with you because in the 2 cases you did not add leads (should have
been a different story).
The tonal disagreement caused by jiffy leads or such artificial heaviness
added on the key level is not worth the trouble IMO.

Best

Isaac OLEG
  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de D.L. Bullock
  Envoye : mercredi 14 janvier 2004 17:25
  A : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : FW: leads in the keys

  I regularly am required to reweight a keyboard.  I have little old ladies
who have wonderful pianos they have played for decades and they cannot play
it anymore because of their arthritis.  When I hear this I will lower the
weight of the keys often by merely removing weights on the capstan end.
They can play once again without intense pain.  I have also, per request,
made the keyboard heavier for students who want it heavier.  I remove
weights under the keytops for that.

  Remember, the factory did it right but the customer is always MORE right.
It is his or her piano and they often know what they want or need...with
some guidance, of course.

  D.L. Bullock
  www.thepianoworld.com