leads in the keys

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:08:19 -0500

Who are these factories that "did it right"? I haven't run across one =
yet.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: D.L. Bullock=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 11:25 AM
  Subject: FW: leads in the keys

  I regularly am required to reweight a keyboard.  I have little old =
ladies who have wonderful pianos they have played for decades and they =
cannot play it anymore because of their arthritis.  When I hear this I =
will lower the weight of the keys often by merely removing weights on =
the capstan end.  They can play once again without intense pain.  I have =
also, per request, made the keyboard heavier for students who want it =
heavier.  I remove weights under the keytops for that.

  Remember, the factory did it right but the customer is always MORE =
right.  It is his or her piano and they often know what they want or =
need...with some guidance, of course.

  D.L. Bullock
  www.thepianoworld.com