Bandsaw Veneer Cutting

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:28:47 -0500

Terry,
         Perhaps I read your original post incorrectly. I doubt any=20
commercially available tool within a reasonable price range could be that=20
accurate. I'm not sure what you are doing with this ultra fine measurement=
=20
anyway but if that's what your looking for you'll just have to purchase it=
=20
from the big boys. If, however, a uniform thickness of something close to=20
that is what your after, all your really doing is carefully setting the=20
fence, assuming the rest of the saw is in proper shape. My apologies for=20
the misunderstanding.

Greg

At 07:13 PM 1/14/2004, you wrote:

>Thanks Greg, but how do you go about cutting an exactly 1.0 mm thick
>veneer - not 1.1 mm, not 0.9 mm, but 1.0 mm? My saw is the first bandsaw I
>ever cut a stick on, so I'm sure there are some basic techniques that I am
>simply ignorant of.
>
>Terry Farrell

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Fort=E9